And the inside looks like this:
So simple and yet so good! That's just my kind of recipe. :)
Simple No Knead Bread Recipe
Adapted from Crusty Bread by Simply So Good
3 cups all purpose flour plus some for dusting
1-3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon yeast
1-1/2 cups and 2 Tablespoons water
- Whisk together flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add water and mix well. The dough feels pretty wet. Please refer to the picture from the original recipe linked above as your gauge.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let the dough sit for 12-18 hours. Do not refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- While the oven is preheating, take the dough out onto a heavily floured surface and make it into a round shape. Cover the dough with the plastic wrap removed from the bowl.
- Once the oven is preheated, place an empty dutch oven (with a lid on) in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Carefully place your hand underneath the dough to pick it up and drop it in the heated dutch oven. This step is a bit tricky since the dough is pretty loose and sticky. Make sure to flour your hands before picking it up.
- Put the lid back on the dutch oven and place it back in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for additional 10 minutes.
- Cool it on the rack.